Thursday, November 12, 2009

On the Outskirts of Banff

There are more trails on the outskirts of Banff than you realize. I have been living in Banff for the past 6 years climbing, skiing, running, biking and exploring and I am still discovering new trails in my own backyard that extend far into the backcountry. BBell and I set out from the doorstep of his home this afternoon for a wonderful trail run on a blanket of fresh snow. The temps were perfect and and the sky was clear. I followed BBell on a maze of trails throughout the forests never far from the townsite. He showed me new terrain and a different angle on some of the surrounding peaks. We ran for about 15kms on mostly snow covered trail around sundance area and back again. The last run I did was a month and a half ago and my legs were feeling it in the end. Deffinately beats running on a treadmill while trying to read the closed caption script on a nearby tv.
Im looking forward to the next one.

2 comments:

  1. This is good for your mother ,...as I don't get to see you all that often! Now I can just read about what your doing instead of asking all your friends!...lol
    Love ya as always,....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same goes for your Father who can,t keep chasing you around the world to say hello..lol
    Still have my glossy 8x10 of our climb in Red Rock on my desk, hopefully we do it again..Dad

    ReplyDelete