Saturday, February 13, 2010

I/O BIO - Gear Review

Ever heard of I/O Bio Merino clothing? Neither did I up until my recent purchase of a couple garments. I am impressed with it's 'performance', I guess you could say. The stuff is really, really soft and very comfortable. I've been warm in cold temps and confortable in warm temps. It seems that is has built in temperature control. I have added base layer bottom pants and shorts - with the garage door on both which is key if you're male. I have many other base layer garments by other reputable companies but find myself always reaching for the I/O when I'm heading for the mountains. If you check out their website, you can find clothing for all activities - hence the name Indoor/Outdoor BIO. And for all of you earthly folks, the materials are renewable, recyclable and biodegradable. And for all you climbing and skiing bums, you can wear this stuff many times between washes and not stink!

2 comments:

  1. Im a big Icebreaker & Smartwool 1st. layer fan....but recently I bought the I/O Bio stuff, and I must say, this stuff is way better than all I got from Icebreaker & Smartwool.
    Super super soft, and you can wash it many times, and the quality of the fabric stays the same. I never thought that wool garment can be
    made so soft.
    Hans,Salt Lake City

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wondering how the sizing runs. I am normally an XL (in icebreaker and patagonia) for tops. I/O sizing chart makes me think that I am LG. I am 6'2, 190lb, and slim with long arms and long torso. I am about to order the hoodigan, euro tee, and LS contact crew. No where near me to try it on.
    Thanks
    Jake

    ReplyDelete