Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Best of Everything is in Thailand....


Well, except for skiing. But you can get anything you want, day or night. You can be riding a rented Harley Davidson, while drinking a freshly squeezed banana and vodka smoothie and getting a back massage while cruising around the Island at 3 in the morning. And everything is CHEAP!

Yesterday Ellen and I rented a scooter for the day - scooters rule! - and toured around the island taking in the attractions. We road a huge elephant through the jungle before hiking to a waterfall. We stopped for a delicious Pad Thai lunch at "fishermans village" on the waterfront and continued touring the island. We stopped to check out natural granite formations of a giant penis and vagina (pictures coming soon) coincidentally within 100m of eachother. The climber in me had to climb the giant penis with Ellen standing by as photographer. It was only 5.5! For dinner we jumped on the scooter and got lost on a maze of roads many times before finding the most delicious Indian restaurant(I know I'm in Thailand but like I said the best of everything is here). On the way we got a flat tire and had to push the bike a whole 80m to the closest mechanic. They are everywhere and you dont have to go far for anything. After a 5minute tire change and a $5 bill we were on our way!

The people here are truly wonderful. Thais are quick to cater to our every request (I try to keep them to a minimum), and offer the most sincere greetings and goodbyes. They are kind in every way and are making our journey here unforgettable.

This morning I enrolled in a 2hour Mui Thai kickboxing lesson. For $9 I learned a lot from a kick-your-ass Mui Thai artist. Laem taught me the basics of MuiThai fighting before getting the gloves on for some action in the ring. I was sweating like I never have before. The training was so much fun and challenging - UFC here I come!!

Tonight we are catching a boat to the Full Moon Party....should be interesting.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kris
    I like your blogs
    They are very informative
    Sounds like you two will never go home
    Keep writing
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your crazy Thai stories Kris.....I'm so glad you guys are having fun....love and miss you both! Be safe!

    Love Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope there's no pics of you climbing that thing!!...lol Would that be something to post on your profile?...hmmm...lol

    ReplyDelete